Bug 2673 - Missing additional libraries added to custom project template.
: Missing additional libraries added to custom project template.
Status: RESOLVED WONTFIX
Product: Atmel Studio 6
Atmel Studio 6.0
: unspecified
: Other Standalone
: normal priority normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Lars Even Almås
:
:
:
:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-08-06 03:52 CEST by Omar Francisco
Modified: 2013-01-03 13:52 CET (History)
0 users (show)

See Also:
Public Description:
Development Branch:
Whiteboard:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Omar Francisco 2012-08-06 03:52:11 CEST
After creating a custom project template following the File/Export template
option, reference to custom libraries are not listed in the .cppproj file. 
Even after manually modifying the cppproj file and replacing it in the template
zip file with these changes.

  <avrgcccpp.linker.libraries.Libraries>
    <ListValues>
      <Value>m</Value>
      <Value>libcore</Value>
    </ListValues>
  </avrgcccpp.linker.libraries.Libraries>

the libcore library is not added to list of references in the new project.
Comment 1 Morten Engelhardt Olsen 2012-08-07 07:59:28 CEST
Hi,

I've added a bug into our internal bugtracker, AVRSV-3701
Comment 2 carbofos 2012-08-22 10:09:50 CEST
I’ve also found out that the Optimization Level setting for both C and C++
compilers in the Toolchain won’t be imported from the Project template.
Comment 3 Riwels 2012-08-23 01:03:10 CEST
(In reply to comment #2)
> I’ve also found out that the Optimization Level setting for both C and C++
> compilers in the Toolchain won’t be imported from the Project template.

That was reported on bug 2549 and should be fixed in the next release.
Comment 4 Morten Engelhardt Olsen 2013-01-03 13:52:10 CET
Regarding the original bug, we have found some workarounds.

The problem can be solved by:
1. While exporting the template uncheck the default checked checkbox
"Automatically import the template into Visual Studio"
2. And if you are modifying the template, do modify it before creating any
project for the template. Because the cache gets created and it doesn't change
as you change the template.

Unfortunately this bug is not solvable at the time beeing, so hopefully the
presented workarounds alleviates the issue.